Home Based Therapist
Apply now with our Online Employment Application.
Division: Satellite Services & Vigo County Services
Supervised By: Program Manager or Director
FLSA Status: Exempt/Regular/Full-time/Part-time
Effective Date: July 2013
Provide a wide range of clinical services to clients within limits of training and credentialing under supervision.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Conduct initial evaluation and client intake interviews; assess client's presenting problems and formulate diagnosis.
- Develop, implement and modify, as necessary, client treatment plans.
- Carry out case management services related to clients' treatment.
- Maintain an active caseload, providing individual, group, family, marital, child, and adjunctive therapies as needed and within area of expertise and limits of credentials; assure procurement of additional services as needed.
- Provide crisis management for clients, including on-call, and school consults; make recommendations for interventions as appropriate.
- Follow Center procedures regarding the provision of client care and documentation
- Maintain client and program records in accordance with applicable standards and regulations, grant requirements etc.
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of child development and utilize age-appropriate and developmentally appropriate activities in treatment.
- Participate in continuing education activities, remaining knowledgeable in area(s) of expertise, and meet requirements for professional staff membership
- Attend meetings as appropriate and meet regularly with supervisor to exchange pertinent information and receive supervision.
- Serve as a resource person to Center and community in area(s) of expertise, including presenting classes, speaking engagements and agency consultation.
- Maintain a high level of ethical conduct regarding confidentiality, dual-relationships and professional stature.
- Ability to demonstrate competent use of Profiler
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- Completion of required CANS and/or ANSA training, CPI training, and ongoing certifications
- Timely completion of HAP paperwork and reassessments within specified deadlines
- Monitor caseload to assure compliance for third-party payers, including chart reviews, completing prior requests and pre-certification.
- Perform the above listed duties with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Master's degree in mental health field required.
- Advanced knowledge and skills in community-based mental health care.
- Demonstrate competence in assessment and treatment of chemically dependent clients, including obtaining and interpreting information in terms of the dependence.
- Knowledge of the natural history of dependence and the relevant biological and sociocultural factors.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate competence in assessment of and treatment planning for children, adolescents and families.
- Understanding and knowledge of the range of treatment needed and appropriate utilization of available treatment resources.
- Willingness to use reliable personal transportation in work capacity.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Licensed in State of Indiana preferred.
- Maintain current crisis prevention/intervention certification (CSS ONLY)
- Maintain current CPR/First Aid certification (CSS ONLY)
- Valid driver's license in accordance with motor vehicle policy.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the essential duties of this job physical mobility is required, including standing, walking, lifting, bending, running and providing safe physical restraint to clients.
- Light to moderate typing/data entry required.
- Prolonged periods of sitting/standing required.
Work is generally performed in comfortable physical environment under numerous mental demands and emotional stress involving working with people who are often distraught and unpredictable, requiring decisions relative to dangerousness, suicide potential, competency, reality, etc. Service provision in schools, homes, and other environments that vary widely in cleanliness, degree of physical contact and intensity may be required. Locations away from the Corporate Office require additional safety and crisis control responsibilities.
Conditions of Employment
- Completion of tuberculin screening no later than three days prior to the first day of employment and annually thereafter.
- Completion of a pre-employment drug screening and completion of post-employment drug or alcohol tests upon reasonable suspicion of use.
- Satisfactory reference and background investigation checks.
- Satisfactory completion of an Indiana Department of Child Services National Criminal fingerprinting background check, Indiana State Criminal History Check, Sex and Violent Offender Registry check, Child Protection Services History check and Local law enforcement agency/county sheriff check at the time of hire and every four years (or at contract renewal if more than one year has passed since last fingerprinting) for any employee that has direct contact on a regular and continuing basis with children supervised by DCS
- Completion of center-wide orientation and ALL required paperwork prior to reporting for work.
- Demonstrated of computer literacy through successful completion of pre-employment testing may be required.
- Completion of HCI's Quality Training.
- Attendance at all mandatory staff development and training.
- Successful completion of a six month on the job orientation period.
- Participation in payroll electronic deposit.
- Adherence to Compliance Program Plan.
Job descriptions are not intended, and should not be construed, to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. They are meant to be accurate reflections of the principle job elements essential for making fair pay decisions about jobs.