Call Center Specialist
Apply now with our Online Employment Application.
Supervised By: Executive Assistant Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt/Regular/Full-time
Effective Date: March 2013
Provides excellent customer service to Hamilton Center clients/families by scheduling, confirming and cancelling appointments for all Hamilton Center offices. Responsible for answering all incoming phone calls made to HamiltonCenter Call Center and routing phone calls to the appropriate person/department as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs administrative/clerical functions such as scheduling and confirming appointments.
- Assist with insurance process.
- Answers telephone taking routine messages, screens calls for crisis situations, responds to routine and emergency inquiries. Interacts with clients on a daily basis.
- Communicates pertinent/critical information on a timely basis.
- Will engage with CCO (Chief Clinical Officer) and CMO (Chief Medical Officer) on a regular basis.
- Stays updated on the various programs/services offered at each Hamilton Center site. Is able to articulate this information.
- Informs clients/families if a site is closed or providers are out of the office.
- Uses computer in all aspects of position e.g., correspondence, schedules, and program data.
- Is knowledgeable of all of the Center's sites in order to be able to interact and assist staff. Is knowledgeable with division-wide compliance, regulations/guidelines of quality clinical care.
- Represents the agency with the public, potential clients, referral sources, active clients in a professional, ethical manner that reflects a positive attitude and willingness to assist.
- Participates in training, in-services and special activities as required or assigned.
- Maintains knowledge of payor requirements
- Maintains knowledge of Clinical Staff Credentials
- Displays ability to multi-task while remaining calm, courteous and competent.
- Performs the above listed duties with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School diploma required.
- Additional education in customer service and/or experience desired.
- Knowledge and/or skills in typing, reception, operation of routine office equipment, and time management,
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access) data entry/retrieval.
- Excellent telephone skills
- Time management and organizational skills with flexibility to manage a wide variety of tasks
- Willingness to use personal transportation in work
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate in person or by telephone. The employee may be required to stand, walk, reach, bend, sit, climb and/or lift. There may be long periods of sitting or entering information into the computer.
Office conditions vary on a daily basis depending on high noise levels and frequent interruptions.
Conditions of Employment
- Completion of tuberculin screening no later than three days prior to first day of employment and annually thereafter.
- Completion of a pre-employment drug screening and completion of post-employment drug or alcohol tests upon reasonable suspicion of use.
- Completion of Center-wide orientation and ALL required paperwork prior to reporting for work
- Demonstrated computer literacy through successful completion of pre-employment testing may be required.
- Completion of HCI Commitment To Quality training
- Attendance at all mandatory staff development and training
- Successful completion of a six month on the job orientation period
- Participation in payroll electronic deposit
- Adherence to Compliance Program Plan
- Completion of Essential Learning requirements
- Satisfactory reference and background investigation checks.
- Satisfactory completion of an Indiana Department of Child Services criminal fingerprinting background check at the time of hire and every four years (or at contract renewal when applicable) for any employee that has direct contact on a regular and continuing basis with DCS and IVB clients.
Job descriptions are not intended, and should not be construed, to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. They are meant to be accurate reflections of the principle job elements essential for making fair pay decisions about jobs.