Apply now with our Online Employment Application.
Department: Information Systems Services
Supervised By: Information Technology Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-exempt/Regular/Full-time
Effective Date: March 2013
Position requires the individual to be able to work independently with little supervision and be capable of making routine decisions that are required to carry out the mission of the Information Systems Services Department. Must be able to manage multiple tasks and activities on a daily basis. Must have extensive technical experience with computers and software.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs daily system backups, verification and recovery. Stores backup tapes in off-site location according to HCI data backup procedures.
- Conducts server builds.
- Analyzes, troubleshoots and resolves system hardware, software and networking issues.
- Configures, optimizes, fine-tunes and monitors operating system software, servers, routers, switches and other network devices.
- Installs all operating system software, patches, and upgrades as needed.
- Provide problem solving, crisis intervention, and issue resolutions as related to information systems. Define new methods and procedures to enhance the quality of information systems.
- Document activities to keep the organization in compliance with all state and federal regulations.
- Use Service Desk software to document, track, resolve, and follow up on problems.
- Document changes, as needed, to keep I.S. inventory database up to date.
- Evaluate and recommends software applications that could improve job performance.
- Assists with the development, implementation, and enforcement of all information systems policies and procedures.
- Maintain standards of confidentiality and system security.
- Participate in training and professional development activities as assigned.
- Participate in special projects or activities as assigned
- Enforcement of all Information Systems Services policies and procedures.
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Technology, or related field preferred AND three or more years of increasingly complex responsibilities in an IT work environment.
- Specific experience with Microsoft Operating Systems, Microsoft Exchange Server, Ethernet, DHCP, and TCP/IP.
- Ability to function effectively with limited supervision.
- Possess a thorough understanding of the business functions, capacity and limitations of equipment, operating time, and desired results in order to resolve data processing problems.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with Cisco routers preferred.
- Experience with Internet and email-filtering software is a plus.
- Experience with firewall technology is a plus.
- Experience with database administration and SQL a plus.
- Must have excellent problem-solving and customer service skills.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid driver's license in accordance with HCI motor vehicle policy.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position requires multiple job skills necessary to solve complex technical problems. The Systems Administrator must be able to communicate well with all types of computer users from beginner to experienced users. This position may have a high level of stress due to daily problems that occur needing immediate resolution. The work environment is influenced by many outside factors including program funding, standards/procedures and the constantly changing health care environment itself.
Conditions of Employment
- Completion of tuberculin screening no later than three days prior to first day of employment and annually thereafter
- Completion of a pre-employment drug screening and completion of post-employment drug or alcohol tests upon reasonable suspicion of use.
- Completion of Center-wide orientation and ALL required paperwork prior to reporting for work
- Demonstrated computer literacy through successful completion of pre-employment testing may be required.
- Completion of HCI Quality training
- Attendance at all mandatory staff development and training
- Successful completion of a six month on the job orientation period
- Participation in payroll electronic deposit
- Adherence to Compliance Program Plan
- Satisfactory reference and background investigation checks.