Apply now with our Online Employment Application.
Division: Administrative Services
Department: Administrative Pool
Supervised By: Chief Executive Assistant
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt/Regular/Full-time or Part-time
Effective Date: July 2014
Responsible for providing Administrative support Administrative areas. Must be able to handle multiple tasks.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist the CEO, Leadership Team and Administrative areas.
- Process and maintain training, background, licensing, employee's files and other HR data. Be proficient using the HRIS system.
- Take and transcribe various staff/ departmental meeting minutes.
- Assist the enforcement of HCI policies
- Update the employee phone roster
- Send hire/regret letters and other correspondence.
- Gather and research information as it relates to Administrative areas.
- Provide culinary services for orientation and other meetings.
- Assist with coordination of workshops
- Answer telephones, take messages as necessary, screen calls and visitors, respond to inquiries, schedule appointments, make copies and send facsimiles. (This includes all front desk functions.)
- Conduct pre-employment and post-employment background checks as required.
- Assist with completion of new hires paperwork.
- Order and distribute employee service awards.
- Assure employee license checks and completed and up-to-date.
- Conduct applicant reference checks as requested.
- Order office and training supplies
- Create and maintain employee files and documentation.
- Completed verification of employment requests as required.
- Participate on a Panel or Committee.
- Generate and maintain ID badges and records for HCI employees.
- Completion of all filing in a timely manner.
- Internal cross training.
- Other duties assigned.
- High school diploma/GED. Associates degree preferred.
- One to two years' of experience providing all aspects of administration support to multiple supervisors.
- Proven PC skills in Word, Access, and Excel.
- Previous experience working in a human resource function preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to think and develop administrative support systems.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational and follow up skills a must.
- Ability to provide strong customer service to the organization.
- Ability to prioritize and effectively work multiple tasks a must.
- Familiarity with functions of compensation/benefits, payroll, recruitment, or training and/or the ability to become specialized in one or more of these areas.
- Demonstrate the ability to accept change.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid driver's license in accordance with HCI motor vehicle policy.
- Current Certification in Crisis Prevention Intervention.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate in person or by telephone. The employee may be required to stand, walk, reach, bend, sit, climb and/or lift. There may be long periods of sitting, filing or entering information into the computer. Must be able to lift 20-30 pounds minimum.
Most of the work is done in a pleasant environment sitting at a desk or computer terminal. There are many interruptions that require getting up and down for filing, copying, and working with different work areas.
Conditions of Employment
- Completion of tuberculin screening no later than three days prior to first day of employment and annually thereafter.
- Completion of a pre-employment drug screening and completion of post-employment drug or alcohol tests upon reasonable suspicion of use.
- Completion of Center-wide orientation and ALL required paperwork prior to reporting for work
- Demonstrate computer literacy through successful completion of pre-employment testing.
- Completion of HCI Commitment to Quality training, Trauma Informed Care, and Relias Learning.
- Attendance at all mandatory staff development and training.
- Successful completion of a six month on the job orientation period.
- Participation in payroll electronic deposit.
- Adherence to Compliance Program Plan.
- Satisfactory reference and background investigation checks.
Job descriptions are not intended, and should not be construed, to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. They are meant to be accurate reflections of the principal job elements essential for making fair pay decisions about jobs.