2012 Report to the Community
2012 Fiscal Year Service Highlights
- The 2012 Sheriff's Shootout golf classic included a record number of sheriffs from Vigo, Clay, Sullivan and Vermillion counties. The Sheriffs' teams competed for a traveling trophy, won this year by Vermillion County Sheriff Bob Spence.
- Vigo County Support Services has contracted with Department of Child Services to provide therapy and case management to families and parents of children removed from the home.
- The Clay County satellite office conducts 13 clinical groups weekly addressing various issues surrounding anger management, depression, self-care skills, addiction and relapse prevention challenges for all ages.
- The Bloomfield office began providing services to Veterans via video conference through the Indiana Veterans Behavioral Health Network.
- United Way awarded Hamilton Center $25,264 to implement the "Happiest Baby/Toddler on the Block" program in the six United Way of the Wabash Valley counties.
- Weekly Art, Music and Pet therapy sessions are conducted on the inpatient unit. Projects address patient treatment planning, assistance with anger management, self-esteem building and promoting healthy lifestyles and recovery.
- The Owen County satellite office created an adolescent substance abuse group to address community concerns.
- In November, staff and clients planned and enjoyed a Thanksgiving dinner where a Thanksgiving poem was recited with a theme of healing and hope.
- Various community stakeholders including Inland Aquatics participated in programming that assisted clients with improving attention span and socialization skills.
- Infant and Toddler Services staff provided parenting classes to high school students who are new or expectant parents.
- Several management pilot programs have been initiated to reduce administrative costs. All satellite locations were consolidated under the leadership of Lacey Dabelow, MSW, LCSW. Mary Beth Dougherty, BS, oversees all 24-hour programs; Emily Owens, LCSW, has become the Director of Vigo County outpatient services for adults and children; Julie Friend, PsyD, HSPP, supervises both Greene County locations; and Bill Nunn, PhD, HSPP, supervises the Putnam and Owen county locations.
- In May, all satellite locations were consolidated under the leadership of Director Lacey Dabelow, MSW, LCSW. Ms. Dabelow supervises our remote locations in our 10-county service area.
- Hamilton Center is collaborating with Department of Children's Services to deliver individual and family therapy in addition to skills building and training to meet the needs of parents and of children who have been removed from the home or who are in danger of being removed.
2012 Fiscal Report in pdf format (1,002 KB)
Previous Fiscal Reports:
Fiscal Report 2011
Fiscal Report 2010
Fiscal Report 2009
Fiscal Report 2008
Fiscal Report 2007
Fiscal Report 2006
Fiscal Report 2005
Fiscal Report 2004
Fiscal Report 2003
Fiscal Report 2002
Fiscal Report 2001