2011 Report to the Community
2011 Fiscal Year Service Highlights
- Emma Engel, a Psychiatric Clinical Nurse Specialist, joined Hamilton Center and is seeing both adults and children at the Sullivan County satellite office and both Greene County offices through a telemedicine link.
- Employment Solutions has applied to become an Employment Network for the Ticket to Work Program of the Social Security Administration. This program is designed to help social security beneficiaries obtain and maintain gainful employment.
- The Vigo County Addictions Program and the Vermillion County satellite office provided addiction services and screening to the U.S. Probation Department for a second year through a renewable three-year grant.
- Hamilton Center provided the Third-Year Psychiatry Clerkship for four students from Indiana University School of Medicine.
- In June, the state's review of Hamilton Center's Healthy Families program found the program to be in compliance with Healthy Families America's critical elements and state grant requirements.
- The Systems of Care consortium received a grant from the Owen County LCC for drug screens and incentives for youth in wraparound services.
- Employment Solutions successfully completed the second year of Project SEARCH, a nationwide internship program for students with disabilities who are transitioning from high school to employment.
- Hamilton Center transitioned Spectrum Day Services to another corporation – Developmental Services Inc. (DSI) of Columbus, Indiana effective July 1, 2011.
- Owen County expanded school-based treatment services to all the Owen Valley schools.
- Infant & Toddler Services received a United Way grant to begin a "Happiest Baby /Toddler on the Block" Program.
- The Vermillion County office coordinated integrated medical/psychological treatment with the Vermillion-Parke Community Health Center for a second year by providing a part-time therapist at that location through an HRSA grant through the Lugar Center.
- Employment Solutions was awarded a $10,000 grant from the Wabash Valley Community Foundation for continuation of a work experience program for clients with disabilities.
- Child & Adolescent Services, Vigo County, worked with the Salvation Army to provide 120 children with school supplies and over 150 families with holiday assistance.
- Hamilton Center continues to support staff working toward their Psychiatric Nursing degrees. Brooke Kempf completed her training and certification and two other staff, Debbie Hills and Susan Brumfield, are working toward their degrees.
- Employment Solutions continues to be the lead agency for the Business Leadership Network-Wabash Valley Chapter. The BLN is a national business-to-business program that promotes hiring persons with disabilities as a good business practice.
- The Center expanded its website and social media presence.
- Over 700 children were provided case management services from the Child & Adolescent Services Division, Vigo County.
- A Psychiatric Nurse from Hamilton Center now provides services at St. Ann's Clinic, Terre Haute.
- The Access to Recovery Program was renewed for an additional four years. The program funds addiction services to indigent Vigo County residents.
- Infant & Toddler Services was the recipient of donations from the Northside Community Methodist Church, the West Vigo High School Consumer Science classes and other students, Project Linus chapter, Kerman Gotto Ladies Luncheon Group and the Terre Haute Day Nursery Foundation.
- The Owen County Addictions Team provided treatment to all the Owen County Drug Court participants.
- Hamilton Center partnered with the Richard G. Lugar Center for Rural Health to provide a one-day workshop titled "Treating Psychiatric Patients in the Emergency Room."
- The Bloomfield and Linton offices were expanded.
- For the second year, the Early Head Start Centers maintained a Level Three rating in the state's Paths to Quality rating system for child care. In addition, this program received notification of being in compliance with all Head Start regulations.
2011 Fiscal Report in pdf format (682 KB)
Previous Fiscal Reports: